Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset – Does it Matter?


sunset

Sunrise, sunset, the difference depends in the direction your heading or looking, right? The beginning and the ending of each day is defined by God and given to us brightly wrapped in brilliant colors. The middle of the day is left up to us. It is our choice to appreciate the glorious gifts He gives us and to treasure the day or to disregard them and to trudge along on our way. I think it is truly amazing that He remembers to end our days as beautifully as He began them!

sunset1
I was reading and commenting on blogs, doing the same on articles, trying to finish my latest article to get it submitted and knowing that soon my weekend would end and I would have to start the work week again. We’re always multi-tasking. Trying to be on three sites at once, feed the husband, do the laundry, talk to friends and family…. In other words trying hard to do everything but hardly doing anything. If you could see my heart, you would know I want to excel at it all.

sunset2
My grandson called me in the midst of my feeble attempts at juggling ten tasks. I had three books open to various pages and several windows open on the computer. I clicked over from another call to take his. I just sat down after bringing my husband his plate. “Grandma”, he began, “My girl needs a ride home from work.” Oh, sweetie”, I began, but soon I was out the door to do him the favor and walked out into a beautiful show stopping sunset! I didn’t have time to run to the lake to get to see it reflected on the water or time to run to the park to see it at the horizon. I had trees, homes, buildings, telephone wires and street lights to obstruct the view, but God’s beauty came shining through! All God asks is for a moment of our time and the rewards are truly worth it. He asks us to stop crowding Him out and just give Him a moment.

sunset3
Please join me at Outdoor Wednesday for more of God's beauty.







6 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin

This is beautiful and I am inspired.

Teresa

Icy BC

Fantastic colors of the sky, Judy! It's just a joy to see.

http://nannykim-nannykim.blogspot.com/

Great post and comments. One never gets sick of watching the beauty of sunset/rises!

SquirrelQueen

I really hadn't noticed the wires and poles until you pointed them out, nothing can obstruct views like these. The colors are magnificent.

DoanLegacy

Gorgeous colors of sky in your pretty photos!

Self Sagacity

You're such a good grandma! God help me, I don't want to be doing that for my grandson. I am just tire of taking care of people and can't wait to have a life of my own. :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008