Sunday, July 11, 2010

Old Gardeners Never Die They Just Spade Away!

old gardeners 

hostas 


I was with my friend Jeannie when she saw this sign “Old Gardeners Never Die.

They Just Spade Away!”  She made the beautiful display above and the hostas pictured were taken from her yard also. I like the whimsical sentiment of the sign. I look at it and want to believe she will never die as her friendship has become to mean a lot to me. When you get to be my age you begin to realize that life every day is truly a blessing as tomorrow is promised to no one. When you begin to pick up the paper and see  former class mates in the obituary it also causes you to realize that our life here is not meant to be forever.  

If you spend much time with flowers and plants you know that some die, but some come back year after year and we get to enjoy their continuous beauty. Friendship is like that too. Even though we sometimes lose a loved one there are memories that are continuous. The spot they hold in our hearts and our minds are continuously beautiful. So we “spade” away to keep our “gardens” beautiful and our friendships blooming.






Click on Mosaic Monday and join us in celebrating. 

10 comments:

Leslie

What a wonderful way of looking at it! So true...

Happy Mosaic Monday, I hope you have a wonderful week!

SquirrelQueen

The sign is great and I love your collage of the hostas and coleus. Your comparison of gardening and life is lovely Judy.

DoanLegacy

I love the hosta flowers! That's very different from the ones we have around here.

A Garden of Threads

Beautiful mosaic, and lovely words to describe our time here. Take care:)

Icy BC

Gorgeous hostas flowers! I haven't seen one that blooms in a cluster like this, Judy!

Barbara

Lovely pictures and a wonderful sentiment. Thank you.

T. Powell Coltrin

Very beautiful, Judy. The quote makes me laugh.

Gardening in a Sandbox

Thanks for your words of wisdom today. So true.

Mary

What a lovely post! Thanks so much for sharing the thoughts and pictures at MM. :)

ruthi

great quote and funny too. flowers do bring joy to people.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008