Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Thankful Thursday ~ Clothing


GEDC7303

Clothing serves multiple purposes; warmth, protection, beauty, and modesty, to name a few, okay a little more than a few. :-)



Because of the holiday week end, our management decided to let us dress more casually on the Friday before Memorial day. We were given the go ahead to wear tee shirts, flip flops and shorts just above the knee. This is a major concession over the normal dress code of business casual, but rather than be grateful I heard grumbling from some who wanted to come to work in halter tops and short shorts.



My response was to say lightheartedly and with humor; “There are some of us you really do not want to see in various stages of undress.”  Personally I believe the human body is a wondrous and magnificent thing, but prefer to view it with clothes on. Have you ever watched  a man talking to a beautiful woman with a low cut blouse on as his eyes continued to wonder to….  I’d prefer to be looked in the face while we carry on a conversation.

The right clothes can truly accent a woman’s beauty or a man’s dashing good looks. My mother told me she first saw my father in a uniform when she was 12 and fell instantly head over heels in love. I can’t dispute that. They were married more than 50 years and had me, didn’t they?

The Queen Anne’s Lace pictured above, is stunning in bloom and lacks some of it’s appeal after the blossoms fall. Well, give me all the “blossoms” you can find!









7 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin

We shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but an attractive cover often sells the book. :)

T

Icy BC

I have to agree with you about half-dressed..It's summer and many people are taking advantage of the hot temperature to show most of their flesh..

Unknown

Teresa, I like the way you put that! :-)
Icy, I was talking to a young man in Ponderosa's the other day and he mentioned how some of the customers come in with little midriff tops and "enough rolls to open their own bakery". I had to laugh. I don't ever want to be one of them. :-) I try to keep my weight down, but if I did get rolls, they would not be for public viewing.

Thanks for the visit. Have a blessed day!

NikonSniper

judy!
thanks for the compliment but i think your photos are great! if i was your minister i would prefer to use yours so that your gifts were being used in your church! these are beautiful.
nikonsniper steve

Unknown

Steve, I end up tossing more than I keep, but then I have a phenomenal amount anyway. :-) It's just yours are extraordinary!

Thanks and God bless.

SquirrelQueen

Well said Judy, there are some people that really should add more clothes rather than take off more.

Unknown

Judy, it would please me just fine if they would. he he Where's the mystique?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008