Friday, June 25, 2010

Electrician in the Sky

GEDC8944 GEDC8941 GEDC8940
GEDC8943 If your a nature lover like me and sit inside all day, you know how antsy you can get. Even with only half an hour for lunch I am heading to the nearest window to the break room to look at “my tree”. I’ve watched this tree through the seasons for the last two and half years. I don’t know what kind of tree it is, but I love it. The leaves are soft and fern like so I looked that up in my tree back and got more than one answer. It has almost a tropical look, which we know is not possible in Michigan. I was standing on the fourth floor and this is my view. 



I asked one of the maintenance men one day when they walked by and I won’t tell you what his name for my lovely tree was. He says it makes a mess and he has to clean it up so he had nothing nice to say about it. This day as I looked into my view finder in my camera I was wondering if he had hung fluorescent lights in the sky above my tree. See how the lighting reflects in the pictures? But a friend happened by and showed me that by standing at an angle instead of straight on I could get my tree without the reflections.

What are you seeing these days? Are you seeing double? Visit James at Weekend Reflections to see more photos and share your own.






14 comments:

Icy BC

I love your title. At first, I thought you've captured the lightening..The reflections is very interesting, Judy!

T. Powell Coltrin

Very nice photos. I guess it's all perspective. I had to have my 25 year of Maple taken down last winter. It's roots were growing into my house. It was going to be chopped back again because of electric wires. It dropped huge limbs next to my house when storms came. And yet, I miss it terribly.

Teresa

Unknown

Icy, I'm silly sometimes. I have taken dozens of pictures of the same tree out the same window but these were reflecting the lighting. What is because it was dark out. It was just before a big storm?

Teresa, I LOVE my trees. When the city widened the streets they took my huge shade tree from my front yard and I made them replace it with a smaller one that does not spread as much. I am forever pulling up trees that root too close to the house, however. We needs our homes as much as the squirrels and birds do! :-)

Take care & God bless!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz

I think for most people, there are trees we love to see. I myself love to see the tree near the waterfall in my hometown.

Unknown

Willie, that would be doubly beautiful to me because I love waterfalls!

Thanks for the visit and God bless!

EG CameraGirl

It's MAGIC!

Anonymous

Clever title and a nice series. You might try bracing yourself on the window jamb (or some other support) to eliminate camera shake.

The trees could be mimosa trees??? Not sure but they are messy things.

Inday
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
DoanLegacy

They are just fascinating to see. The reflections are awesome!

Unknown

EG, I love magic, don't you?

Awarewriter, I am going to look up mimosa trees to see what I get. It would be nice to solve the mystery.

Bonnie, the words weren't very pretty. My trees at home drop lots of leaves and I prefer to leave them for the lawn mower so we can fertilize our grass.

DL, I love taking photos. It's a way of capturing the beauty.

Thanks and God bless!

SquirrelQueen

That is a beautiful tree, I can see why you like it so much. I really like the reflection just because it is interesting.

When I am doing reflection photos I move around to get the best view of the reflection. I wonder what people think when I am shooting one from a sidewalk?

Unknown

Judy, I know you can angle differently and get a totally different view. We are always raising eye brows aren't we?

ruthi

hmmmm... just when you thought that your day is boring... then photography gives a whole new definition to a boring day. nice one.

Unknown

Ruthi, I have very few boring moments in life. :-)

Thanks for visiting and God bless!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008