Monday, June 7, 2010

Ruby Red Tuesday and one of my Favorite Characters.

GEDC7642 GEDC7589 Sunday was a very busy day for me. Weeks ago my baby girl had told me she was having a very special cook out and it was important to her that all the family be there. As I was leaving church to head over to her house the roads were blocked because of the Rose day parade. My oldest daughter, Aimee` called to ask me to take Ruby’s daughter, Re`membrence to the parade as she was in it. As a reward for perfect attendance and model behavior she was one of the few chosen children from her school to get to walk in the parade, so my husband and I quickly stopped at Ruby’s and then on to the parade. I will post on HardworkinJudy about her announcement, but for now Ruby Tuesday.
GEDC7591
Look who I saw at the parade. I dedicated an article to the charitable events of Ronald McDonald, mentioned also on HardworkinJudy. My daughter was housed in the Ronald McDonald house after giving birth to her oldest son. It was within walking distance of Sparrow Hospital where Shaon was in the premie care unit. I have a special fondness for this charity, but that did not prepare me for this…



You know that my hair color did not come out right about a month ago. It was supposed to be light brown but came out red. Ronald McDonald took one look at me on the side lines, pointed to his hair then mine and gave me a thumbs up!!!


He even walked over to the side lines to do this. Oh my! My husband was aghast and remarked that now I really must do something about “that” hair. Thanks, Ronald.

For more Ruby Tuesday photos please travel over to WorkofthePoet.blogspot.






15 comments:

CHAN LEE PENG

I like McDonald. I think you don't have to color your hair red just like McDonald, sis.

I prefer your gold color hair..:-)

T. Powell Coltrin

What a fun day! Oh my on the hair. The RM house is such a good charity.

T

Unknown

Chan, that's the point, it isn't THAT red, but it did come out reddish and I am waiting a decent amount of time before I try to correct it as I do not want to damage my hair. :-)

Teresa, it will be a memorable day. :-) and I still love Ronald.

Thanks for the visit and God bless!

A 2 Z

That's too funny. I'm sure your hair is not quite as red as his. I always wanted to try being a red head but was to afraid. Thanks for sharing.

Anne-Marie

Hootin Anni

We have a lot in common...well, at least our daughters, giving birth, and Ronald McDonald House. My daughter lived there for months after our grandson at the age of 5 months had open heart surgery.

My R T is "lady in red"...a portrait of my daughter. Come by and view her if you can find time, I'd love your visit!!

Unknown

Anne-Marie, it was more red after I first dyed it but it is now strawberry blond. I think my husband was more embarrassed than anything as all eyes were on us. :-)

Thanks for the visit.

Icy BC

Fun day and fun story, Judy! I can't believe he thought that your hair was red as his..

Unknown

Anni;
My grandson stayed in the hospital for around 4 months. It was 15 years ago so I cannot remember precisely, but my daughter counted the days.I enjoyed your post and blog.

Icy, I had to laugh, but I'm not sure the hubby was...

ruthi

Cool! Love the clown. Who doesn't? Only the kids! hahahaha grown-ups always love the clowns... kids are scared of them. I'm glad you had a wonderful time.

Unknown

Ruthi, my baby girl liked clowns until that horror movie came out with clowns in it. I don't watch horror movies, so I couldn't tell you the name of that one. She was just a kid. Clowns are cool.

Thanks for the visit. Take care.

SquirrelQueen

I'm sure your hair isn't "that" red Judy but it is funny.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Ronald McDonald house, it is a great charity.

eileeninmd

A fun choice for Ruby Tuesday. Great photos!

Unknown

Judy & Eileen, thanks so much for your visits.

Take care & God bless.

Self Sagacity

Wow, you saw Ronald Sunday? How lucky you are. That must have been such a fun day, from the way the picture looks, I can't believe it rained.

Unknown

Amanda, thanks for the visit.

It was at least three hours later and it only rained for a short while.

Take care & God bless.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008