Saturday, April 3, 2010

Somebunny Wishes You a Happy Easter!


I was driving through town trying to find a spot to catch the sunset as the great golden ball lowered itself into the horizon when I passed this lawn ornament. Fortunately no one was behind me because I stopped rather short. (I checked first!) Isn't it cute?

Children love Easter goodies and tales of the Easter bunny and these are a wonderful part of childhood, as long as we remember to remind them of the true meaning of Easter. My grand daughter asked me today why they would put April 1st April's fool day) in the same month as Easter, and I had no answer, but they do think of more than fun and candy. :-) I suggested she "Google" it.



Here is another cross Jeannie gave me. It's perfect for Easter as it shares the image of Christ with a child. In becoming childlike we obey Jesus. Hope to see you in church Sunday. Take care and God bless!






9 comments:

Icy BC

Happy Easter to you and your family, Judy!

T. Powell Coltrin

Aren't children wise sometimes? Those are wonderful pictures. One is fun and the other makes you remember.

Happy Easter, Judy.

Unknown

Thanks, Icy and Teresa for your visits and comments. I hope both of you have a wonderful and glorious Easter!

ruthinian

Love the cross Judy... very delicate and the picture of the little girl looks so angelic. You are right we need to be childlike... so that we will be able to appreciate the most simplest and ordinary things in this world.

Unknown

Ruthi, precisely! Thanks, take care & God bless.

~✽Mumsy✽~

Wish you a belated blessed Easter!

Unknown

Mumsy, I wish you a belated blessed Easter also!

Take care & God bless!

SquirrelQueen

I hope you had a wonderful Easter Judy. Kids look at things differently, that is a very good question. I always figured it was because the word fool fit better with the name April. August or October Fool doesn't have the same ring to it.

Unknown

Judy, I'll run that theory past her and see what she says. :-) I love Easter! I hope you did too.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008