Saturday, April 10, 2010

Alliteration Challenge






I was out buying a few groceries when a friend called and wanted to have lunch. I was happy to join her, and she is co-conspirator in that she helps me find photo worthy objects so this was going to be fun! It was a challenging day for photography in that it was very windy. I took 113 pictures and had to toss a few, but I still do not regret the adventure. :-)

I told her about my beautiful starling, and she spotted one sitting in this red tree. This little starling had purple in it's black glossy feathers along with the iridescent gold. Unfortunately the sun was at his back and he sat in the shadows. I talked to him, like Chan said but he only flew away, as if I could coax him into posing for me in more favorable lighting. It was only a thought, which flew away with the bird. 

Beverly, or Bev, as I call her will pull over at the nearest spot and encourage this love of photography in me. I'm trying to get her online, but she has not purchased the internet yet. Who knows, I may get her blogging yet. Once bit, you can't quit!

I want to challenge you to an alliteration challenge. How many times can you use the same sound in a post? I don't care which sound you choose. I chose "B" today. Here is my poem:

Beautiful blossoms bounce on the trees
Bouncing to a beat caused by the breeze...
The bold blond blogger braces the branches
Brandishing her camera as she takes her chances.

The blazing beautiful tree is brilliantly awesome
There's a bird, there's a bee lighting on a blossom
She breaks to the left, she breaks to the right
With break necking speed captures the beautiful sight.

Judy Sheldon-Walker

I hope you enjoy my little poem as much as I enjoyed writing it and look forward to reading yours.

Take care and God bless.


10 comments:

Icy BC

You are good, Judy, and I enjoy the poem very much. I can feel the creativity in you..

T. Powell Coltrin

I love your poem and your photography. We were meant to enjoy the beauty in the world and not just walk on by.

Unknown

Icy, it was great fun. Almost as much fun as taking the pictures. It's great to have friends like you who encourage creativity!

Theresa, you got that right. How can people walk by beautiful things daily and never see them?

Take care & God bless!

CHAN LEE PENG

Peanut ladies are playing pachisi by the pond,
There comes a pacifiable pacifier to the pond,
They invite peanut ladies for pachanga,
Peanut ladies pulled off their faces to show their peaceful smile,
Unfortunately, pack ice has reached the pond and pushed them to the Pacific land,
Soon, they were packed up due to this violence disaster.

Sound silly, my poem to you, sister?

Unknown

Chan, I loved your pleasantly peculiar poem. It's priceless!

Take care & God bless!

SquirrelQueen

Your poem is beautiful Judy, you are a master of alliteration.

Isn't it wonderful to have a friend who encourages creativity? I hope you can get her to come online.

Unknown

Judy, I told her what you said and she laughed but said "no way". Goodness, she does not know what she is missing!

Thanks for the visit. Take care & God bless.

Ruthi

Oh.. you are a poet indeed. I can't take that challenge. But guess what... I was looking for a job yesterday at oDesk for creative writing... they are looking for someone to write poetry book. You fit the qualification. I have read a lot of your poetries here.

Unknown

Ruthi, does oDesk pay? I have published most of my poetry without pay. Triond gives us a penny or two. You have to write a lot to get paid. :-) I may as well post them here for free.

Thanks for thinking of me and visiting. Take care & God bless!

Anonymous

good information you

write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008