Saturday, April 17, 2010

Can you name the flower?





Jeannie had given us some flower pictures to identify last week and some of you had been adventurous enough to offer your guesses. For the pictures click here.

Thank you Squirrel Queen, Mumsy, and Doan Legacy for playing. Mumsy has correctly guessed no. 2.

Because flowers go by so many different names I would not discount anyone's answers, because they very well may be correct. I really appreciate your playing.

Above we have three new flowers. These  and the one shown here have been borrowed from Summer Stone Nursery. If you can't wait  a week for the answers, you could probably find them in their seed catalog.

O-k, I'll give you last weeks answers:
  • bells - the green bell shaped flowers
  • tickseed - the vibrant orange
  • redbud - the variegated pinks
  • czarn (cumin)- the blue flower
Thanks for visiting. Take care and God bless!




8 comments:

Icy BC

I think the first two are different kind of dahlias..but the last two I have no idea!

ruthinian

Those are lovely flowers Judy... but no... I am not good in naming flowers. I only call them by their color or size or shape. I'm really that terrible huh? LOL

Unknown

Icy, I wouldn't either, if I had not looked them up! :-)

Ruthi, you are not terrible. I have no idea how many species there are, but these are all the same flower but just different types.

Thanks for the visit and take care. God bless!

Self Sagacity

Hi, just wanted to leave you a message here also. Do It Yourself SEO is a software Judy, and if you click on the links it will take you to a Video where you could observe a demo visually. It will makes things a lot clearer. Thanks for stopping by.

SquirrelQueen

The first one I don't have a clue. The second does look like a Dahlia.
The other one looks familiar but I don't know the name.

Unknown

S.S. thanks, I will try that.

Judy, it does look similar. I am awful at knowing the flowers names. You know many more than I do.

Thanks for the visits and God bless.

CHAN LEE PENG

I don't know the name for those flowers, sister. Are you going to punish me? :-)

Unknown

Chan these are clematis. They are 4 different types.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008