Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Thankful Thursday - Communication

GEDC9788 I saw her gazing at the clouds, but not like I do, in wonder, more like she wanted an answer to her pain. It caused me to reflect on the blessings of so many true and reliable friends I have. When my heart is overflowing with pain I can go to our father who created the skies and all under, and/or I can vent to my friends. Talking to a friend soon makes your problem seem much easier to deal with. Thankfully, we have communication. Could you imagine living in a world where we had none or worse yet, a world without God who moves mountains and clouds? :-)

Lift your voice to be heard
Express yourself, share the word
Lift your pen, share your feelings
Open up and feel the healing
Of all the words I have heard
Few are as pretty as a bird 
Not all words are soft and sweet
Life is not always upbeat.

GEDC9802
I saw her face staring at the sky
I saw the tears, I caught her eye
I looked away lest she feel bad
I could see her eyes so red and sad
I wanted to say I've a listening ear
But was afraid to draw near
I've lived awhile, there's lots I've heard
To think all’s good would be absurd.
But sharing pain casts it in two
Half for me and half for you
Lift your voice and share your feelings
Open up and feel the healing.

Judy Sheldon-Walker

Don't forget to be thankful and have a blessed week.






11 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin

We all have so much to be thankful for and yes we need to be thankful! Beautiful post, Judy.

Self Sagacity

beautiful words, and articulation. I can't even imagine starting a poem such as this. :-)

•°°• IcyBC •°°•

You're a wonderful and supportive person, Judy! I always feel better after talking to you.

Beautiful post!

Unknown

Teresa, it is so good to be able to visit your blog and see your new inspiring posts. I hope you enjoyed your vacation!

S.S. you have so many talents and your blog is rich with your wit and wisdom.

Icy, every time I get to talk to you it makes my day. Although we may get serious on some topics we also share a laugh or two (or three)! :-) You are truly a blessing!

SquirrelQueen

You are a very talented, caring person Judy. The blogging world (and real world) is a better place with you in it.

Unknown

Judy, you are too kind! I could definitely say the same about you!

ruthi

Having a friend is indeed a blessing. And yes, they lighten our burden. Great post.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall

lovely image,
friendship is important.
;)

Unknown

Ruthi, friends, and you are one of them, are definitely a blessing!

Jingle, thanks for the visit. I am glad you agree.

Have a blessed weekend.

Self Sagacity

I am thankful every day, and mostly for everything that I have or have not. I am so thankful for the last couple of weeks, as it is the first time I feel at peace for several years.

Unknown

Amanda, I don't know why you had unrest but am grateful too that you are at peace. It is very important.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008