Saturday, August 14, 2010

Even Flowers Know when to Bed

  sunlight
God designed our days in a certain way. The sun comes up to help us see our way and complete our tasks. At night it goes down as we no longer need  sunshine as we sleep and someone else in another part of the world is enjoying the benefits.



sleeping flower



I took this picture just fifteen minutes ago  (9:15 p.m.) of my Rose of Sharon. It was in full bloom just hours before. Even flowers have enough sense to tuck themselves in for the night. :-)

  

Every night I tell myself I’ll be in bed by ten
But this and that comes along and it’s late again
I sit at my computer nearly falling from my chair
So very tired am I but free time is so rare
Between working at the office and taking care of home
I’d just like an hour I could call my own
But if I only had an hour I’d have to decide
Go outside, take pictures, or read and write inside…

by Judy Sheldon-Walker

This just goes to show you I want more than an hour! :-) Enjoy your weekend. Take care and may  God richly bless!



7 comments:

~✽Mumsy✽~

I also want more than hour, but then if I have more hours, more things will surface and need attention..

Like flowers and sun, I'm learning to be contented!

DoanLegacy

You certain have a way with inspiring my thought, on a Sunday morning..God is good, as we say in our church..

Rose

very well shot of Rose but it looks dried up. keep on sharing..:)

CHAN LEE PENG

This post reflects your present life. Beautifully written poem as well, sis.

SquirrelQueen

Even the flowers have more sense than we do at times. I often find myself up way too late at night. Good post Judy, I love your poem.

ruthi

I love your poem because I can relate to that too. I always find myself falling off my chair in front of the computer too. lol

Self Sagacity

Interesting! I didn't know Rose of Sharon close up like that, thanks for sharing. I feel the same way about that hour Judy, I think I blog, write more for my sanity. It's so nice to be able to just sit in quiet and let your mind roam.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008