Sunday, October 4, 2009

I'm in Love!



If you know enough about me, you are saying of course you are in love; you're married! But I'm not talking about that kind of love!

Flowers - Photos!!

We run around capturing our beautiful subjects on film sometimes not even knowing their names. Judy, from the blog Through Squirrel Eyes and Icy of Wandering Thought have helped me with some and others have remained nameless. I have purchased four second hand books on annuals and perennials. These books just do not do the flowers justice, plus flowers are always cross pollinating and there are new species added daily. While visiting my friend Jeanne the other day she handed me a flower catalog.

The pictures are GLORIOUS! Not only that, they have names. Our beautiful flowers can be identified. If I am lucky enough to save my pennies I might even buy some bulbs. The above pictured flowers came from their web site and they are running a special right now. By the way, these are lily of the valley and pink dahlias.

I hopped right over to their site after taking the name off of my catalog. They have numerous pictures and categories posted along with growing tips. You can click on a picture and get a larger picture along with detailed instructions for growing this particular flower. I think I am going to find this very helpful and I hope you will too.

6 comments:

Icy BC

Great info, Judy! Thanks for brighten up my day as it's so gloomy outside!

Unknown

Icy, we've got another rainy day too, but you know Michigan - wait awhile and it could be entirely different.

Take care & have a blessed day.

cherie

wow, i was seriously getting bummed out when i couldn't get in after a gazillion tries! ;)~~~well, my two favorite ladies, how are you doing? i must agree about the flowers making you fall in love, juds! they're lovely, and Icy has really done some good experiments with photography, too! you two make an excellent team!~~and thank you both for your unending support re: my recent posts, i am feeling so much better. hugs!!

Unknown

Cherie, I am so sorry you could not get in. I leave the door open! :-)

I was out visiting my children yesterday so I missed my visits. I will have to catch up when I get in from work.

Take care & God bless!

Tes

Hello Judy, I know exactly what you're talking about. I've been running around with my cam lately snapping on -what else? FLOWERS! They are delightful, and photography is addicting!

Nice to have time to visit your kids. I still have family in the Philippines and I miss them (Mom, sister and a brother).

More flower power to us! *hugs*

Unknown

In Michigan soon everything will be covered up with snow, so we need to capture those little beauties while we can. :-)

I know what you mean about missing family. I was dreadfully homesick when I was in the military. I feel bad for what I did to Mom's telephone bill.

Take care & God bless!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008