Monday, September 28, 2009

New Photo Software

Icy's exquisite art looks intriguing.

I liked the results so much I wanted to try my hand at using the photo editing tools. She has done some very creative things with her photos and I tried to download one of the software programs she suggested but it held my computer hostage for the entire evening. At about 7:00 pm I downloaded the program and only uploaded one picture to play with. I asked it to crop the photo.

The following morning the same picture was still sitting there and the changes had not taken place. Every time I tried to close the program I received error messages warning that if I preceded with closing I may lose my picture. I finally took a chance and closed it and have not attempted to use the program since. It's not Icy's fault that I am just computer illiterate. :-) She makes noble attempts to educate me, but to really educate me would probably be a full time job!! :-)
Walmarts prints approximately 250 pictures to one disc along with an index card showing you which prints are on the disc. It is a Kodak disc and comes with Kodak EasyShare software so I decided to try it. First of all it saved all my pictures in quadruplicate so I have lots to play with. Here are my changes to the same photo.
The first is the original, and bear in mind this is before I discovered the macro feature.

The second is using color balance. I used the "forest" feature. It brightens the colors. The third is called "spotlight." Notice how it calls attention or "spotlights" the center of the picture?

The fourth picture is simply cropped.
Unfortunately, this program does not have a feature to embed your photos with your name. My camera has a program to do that. But once I have moved the photos I cannot put them back into the program to use the feature. It is simply an inexpensive Olympus FE 210 with 7.l mega pixels.

The subject of this photo is Queen Annes Lace, and the humble flower is showing it's resilience by growing in an abandoned asphault parking lot. The same resilience it demonstrates here, it demonstrates in it's ability to help us preserve our health. For more on the history of the flower and it's health benefits you can read here, if you would like.

Take care & God bless. Life is good when we partake of God's gifts to us and He is truly generous with His gifts.

6 comments:

Icy BC

Awesome, Judy! It's just the beginning of photoshop fun..It can be very addicted..

I'm sorry the software I've suggested didn't work out for you..Maybe your security or virus software didn't allow it in or something.

Unknown

Icy, I'm sure it's me, not the software!

Willie a.k.a Reptoz

Nice one

Unknown

Willie, I am loving your avatar. What a cute little guy.

Thanks for visiting. Take care & have a blessed day!

Tes

You did a good job with the spotlight and the cropping, Judy. Cheers! Am sure this will be the start of many projects. I enjoy photoshop a lot too.

Sometimes, some downloads can make the computer act up a bit (for awhile only) Hope it runs smoothly the next time after it has settled nicely in your computer.

Unknown

Tes, they sure can, especially when you have a small hard drive. I do not want to slow my computer down to a crawl or stop it altogether. :-) I think you are right though, this is only the beginning.

Thanks for visiting. Take care & God bless!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008