Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm a Bargain Junkie!


O-k, I'll admit it. I'm a bargain junkie!

I'm trying to work my way through it. I even researched it for an article. I share some of the things I learned in Bargain Junkies, but I'm not cured.

I've learned to be more careful, and generally do not buy anything unless it serves a purpose, even if it is buy one get one free. There are some products you don't need one of let alone two.

My youngest is now 23. He left home just a few years ago, and I frequently am lucky enough to have a grandchild spending the night. I've been busy turning his old bedroom into a spare room. We've given the queen bed away to our daughter and now have a twin bed sitting in it's place.

This room has become the catch all for a pile of books and my exercise equipment. How can I make it neater and more organized? This has been on my mind while making my bargain hunting expeditions, and I happened upon this beautiful hand made head board for $5.00. It took me a few days to get it delivered, but, as you can see, here it is. I'm quite happy with my bargain. I have placed the twin bed on those funny looking triangular shaped platforms so I can stash my trampoline under the bed. The grand kids love jumping on it too. (better that than the bed!)

I found this flower marked down to $1.00 at Home Depot. Pretty, huh? Maybe this wasn't a must have, but I'm enjoying it. My kids laugh about my bargain hunting expeditions, but they have enjoyed quite a few of my finds too.

Take care and God bless.

6 comments:

cherie

dear judy, you are such a mom! i am a bargain junkie myself! still on the lookout for a cheap bookcase, lol!

Unknown

Cherie, me too! I found 1 cheap book case and filled it so fast it would make your head spin. I found that thrift stores keep all the best book cases for themselves. lol

Icy BC

That's a neat headboard, Judy, and that flower is a must have for $1. Now that should tell you I'm a bargain junkie too :-)

CHAN LEE PENG

Aha..sister, interesting read here. I want to keep thousand junkies LOL...

Unknown

Icy, now I don't feel so bad. But what's funny is, while my children are berating me for shopping they are giving me a list of items they want if/when I come across them. lol

Unknown

Chan, do you like my junk?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008