Sunday, February 14, 2010

Tree Decorated with Black Lace

 

How is it that I never noticed this type of tree until this year and now they seem to be every where? Right around the corner from me I spotted this tree with gray bark and furry looking balls hanging from it. The contrast captured my attention. Not having figured out if my new camera has macro or not and if so how to use it I don't know how to explain these buds (?).
At first it looked like some one had tied pieces of black lace into balls and hung them from the tree. But then my husband gave me a call on his cell phone today and invited me to meet him at one of our favorite places to eat out. So I placed my camera away and drove to the restaurant. I parked right next to one of these trees and had a closer look. This time it looked like someone had crocheted a small ball with black chenille yarn. That would have been a lot of work because it was loaded with them. We split a Wiley potato for our Valentine's lunch then he had to go to work. What did you do for Valentine's day?

9 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin

Aren't the trees fascinating?

Today, I went to church then went out to eat after.

Except for the spitting snow and bitter winds, it was a blessed day.

SquirrelQueen

Maybe a walnut tree?

We spent a quiet rainy day at home, just relaxing and watching the Dayton 500.

Icy BC

Isn't it fantastic to see things that we've missed before? They look gorgeous, Judy!

We had a quiet Valentine, just went to JoJo's soccer game, and came home to relax..

Unknown

Teresa, I'm glad you had a blessed day. I started mine with church too. Our day started with a white sky and pretty much stayed that way.

Judy, my daughter just moved into a house with a walnut tree so I've got to go in her backyard and check it out. :-)

Icy, quiet is the way I like it.

Take care, thanks for visiting and God bless!

Salitype

that is opne interesting looking tree, indeed!

we'll be going out to watch alvin and the chip munks 2 and eat in my daughter's fave chinese resto...for a post valentine date....got to work on valentine's day...tsk!

have a lovely day, judy!

eng

Anne Lyken-Garner

Aren't they dried mistletoe?
My husband and I had a duvet day. He went to church with me (I had a class to teach), we came back home and had an enjoyable, chilled afternoon with our kids running around and yakking. It was splendid. He cooked a meal, I got a card, and I gave him some chocolates I'd bought for him.

DoanLegacy

Gorgeous photos of winter scenes!

Unknown

Anne, it sounds like an idyllic day.
DoanLegacy, thanks so much for the comment. Your pictures are gorgeous on your blog!

Take care & God bless.

Unknown

Salitype, when I worked retail I worked a lot of holidays. They were our big days. I'm glad you got to enjoy it later though!

Take care & God bless.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008