Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Rule of Three

This was posted in my church bulletin and if the author's name was there, I'd be more than happy to share that too. The words are too wise to keep to myself.

THE RULE OF THREE

Three things to govern:
Temper, Tongue, Conduct
Three things to cultivate:
Courage, Affection, Gentleness
Three things to commend:
Thrift, Industry, Promptness
Three things to despise:
Cruelty, Arrogance, Ingratitude
Three things to wish for:
Dignity, Intellectual Power, Gracefulness
Three things to give:
Alms to the needy, Comfort to the sad,
Appreciation to the worthy.

I would love to know who wrote these wise words so if you know, please advise.

Thanks and God bless!

4 comments:

•°°• IcyBC •°°•

Words to live by! Very wise, whoever wrote this...

Unknown

I thought these words were well chosen and something for me to consider in my life choices.

Thanks, Icy, have a blessed day!

cherie

thank you for sharing this - i stil have a long way to go, but every lesson in life is a tool in the trade....

Unknown

Cherie, thanks so much for your visit, and you are closer than you think.

Take care & God bless.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008