Sunday, July 5, 2009

Brownie's Brother, Prince



Earlier in my blog, you may have seen a few pictures of my fur buddy, Brownie. He was a Christmas gift from my baby boy, Chris three years ago. He is a cross between a chihuahua and a Jack Russell. If you didn't know better, you might think this was him, but it's not. This is TT's (Te`Love's) dog. My baby was (we believe) stolen from my back yard on a very cold day in February. I had tied him up outside only long enough to take care of his personal needs, and glanced out on the back step to see the cable laying there and him gone. I miss him daily, and Prince tries to console me.

When I went to visit my grand daughter this morning, Prince ran to the door to greet me. Humans could take lessons from dogs in making guests feel welcome. He showered me with kisses and attention. They (dogs) have this awesome way of giving unconditional love. While researching one of my articles about pets for Triond I found some wonderful statistics to back up what I already felt in my heart "Statistically, someone who has had a heart attack has a 500% better survival rate when they return to a home with a pet." (As if I needed an excuse to love my fur buddy more. ) My fur buddy is pictured there also. So if you see him when you're out and about let him know I miss him and still love him.

You wouldn't know how enthusiastic Prince was moments earlier though to watch him in this video. We tied him up for a few minutes outside to take care of his business. Once he completed the business at hand he decided it was too hot outside to run and play so he calmly laid down and watched me. I should have handed him a camera too. I wonder what he would have filmed?
After shooting this short vignette, I scooped him up and took him back in where it was cooler. He richly thanked me.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008