Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday's Surprise




This month at work we are required to work 6 days a week so I am suffering from blogger's withdrawal. :-)

After submitting my first article to Examiner today I pray that it will meet with their approval. As soon as I hit submit I ran upstairs to gather my laundry so I could wash clothes for work this upcoming week. Another boring few hours at the laundromat made more so because I cannot connect with my blogging friends.

These are the pepper plants growing in the laundromat. Can you tell I'm bored? I've snapped a few pictures and the clothes are rotating in the washer. I've read both the magazines they have here on previous visits.



I stepped outside but did not see anything new to photograph until I glanced behind the building. There is near a foot of snow, but what do I see? I walk right up to the edge of the snow and spotted... a tree full of blossoms. There are small foot prints laying a trail to the back of the building. I try to fit my size 11 sneakered foot into the prints and head on back. Standing gingerly in the cleared spots with snow melting in my shoes I took half a dozen snaps. Icy, you were right. Am I going to let a little snow stop me? Look at how even a blossom knows to face the sun.





I took my find into the owners and they thought the tree was an oak. I have never paid attention to the blossoms on an oak. There are too many things I have not paid attention to, I'm sorry to say, but not a day goes by that God does not pay attention to me. He blesses each and every day. He saw fit to show me this beautiful sign of spring today.

May God richly bless you this week.

7 comments:

T. Powell Coltrin

This is so true. Even though we are busy busy busy, God is never too busy for his children.

Have a great week!

Icy BC

Oh wow..I didn't think there will be any bloom at this time of the year, Judy!

Is it magnolia? It looks like magnolias to me..Just beautiful!

Unknown

Teresa, thanks so much for your visit. I see that you have been busy, busy, busy setting up a new blog. There is an award for both of your blogs at http://hardworkinjudy.blogspot.com/2010/03/beautiful-bloggers.html

Icy, is it a magnolia? I'll look that up when I get in and see if I can find out. It sure tickled me. Watch you will find a blooming tree now.

Take care & G♥d bless!

DoanLegacy

Beautiful blooms! Looks like the earth is waking up from a long slumber..

Unknown

Yes! and we eagerly await.

SquirrelQueen

Isn't it always such an amazing feeling to see the first blooms of Spring. Beautiful shots Judy, I knew a little snow wouldn't stop you from getting your photo.

Unknown

Judy, you are so right. Thanks for your visit. Have a blessed day.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008