Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thankful Thursdays - nature's bounty




Summer has rewards.

It's not just that I don't like the cold and snow, but summer has so much more to offer. It isn't just the warm sunny days with the cooling breeze, which is
irresistible...but summer brings with it the best tasting produce.

Fresh produce is so much better!

Ever notice how much sweeter a fresh grown tomato tastes than a hot house one? I love to eat them fresh and raw like a piece of fruit. I also love to fry firm green tomatoes until their slightly browned and nice and crisp. I gave my grandson some and he said they taste like apples? I guess that description is as good as any.

Nature's bounty is often free.

Much of what nature gives us is free for the asking. I happen to like dandelion greens, and recently found out we can eat Rose of Sharon petals and Queen Annes Lace. I made a pretty tasty dip with the Rose of Sharon flowers.

With a little research we may find a whole lot of free food and herbal remedies within our grasp. I am now researching goldenrod. I've spotted it all along the road sides and know that it has quite a few health benefits. I'll share them with you, when I'm done.

Take care & God bless.

4 comments:

cherie

yes, ma'am, i do believe you're right!

Unknown

Sometimes, lol.
Take care & God bless.

•°°• IcyBC •°°•

I can't wait to find out what you've discovered..

Unknown

Icy, you know I let you in on all my good secrets. :-)

Take care & God bless!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blogger template 'WhiteOrange' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008